Wednesday, June 24, 2009

Lending Tree for... Landscaping

The idea is simple. A homeowner goes to the website and enters into a list of options of exactly what they want done to their yard. The website could also be developed to recommend things based on a certain combination of things chosen. It would also encourage the user to upload pictures of their yard to give the landscaping companies an idea of what lies ahead.

You link the local landscapers that are then able to contact this person with ideas/quotes on the work.

I guess this idea came about when I volunteered to work in my buddy'syard and I realized that it is a painstaking process to call each landscaper and do the work to figure out if they are good or not. Plus, landscapers seem to have some of the worst websites around. When I google landscapers for Colorado Springs I get a hodgepodge list of results and none of these sites seem professionally done. It makes sense though, they are landscapers not web designers.

I think the best part of the idea would be to also have a rating system, so the more the landscaper uses the site and gets clients and the better work they do the more clients they get. Simple.

I think it would have to start out local and then you could expand it to be where you enter a zip code. I was also thinking that it would be easy to upload the picture content so the landscapers could have a portfolio page for customers to look through after they received a bid.
Reblog this post [with Zemanta]

No comments:

Post a Comment