Wednesday, June 10, 2009

Google AdSense

I have been doing some research lately with Google Adsense and it seems like if you put some work in on the front end you could have a website that would generate revenue without a lot of maintenance. I think it would take a lot of research on the front end and a little bit of website design know how (Check! I have a friend that is great with Flash and HTML).

It appears that the key is finding your niche website and getting it to the top of the Google search through optimization and internet marketing. I think this is kind of similar to what you were thinking the other day Phil, but in this case you are not really delving out tasks to sell and supply a product. It is just content generation. Hopefully extremely relevant content that you can manage and have a passion for, like new business ideas for example.

For me, I have created a (www.virginiatechsports.blogspot.com) blog and am going to look into ways that I can market it... for free ideally. I think I will eventually make my own website for this blog, but in the mean time I will go the free route and develop from there. Thoughts? I think your new business ideas could do very well with this if done right. It would be kind of ironic if your new business idea blog was your business idea. The best part about your blog is it could be relevant to people 12 months later as opposed to mine which would need more daily updates and stories.

1 comment:

  1. Loving this idea. I've been keeping up with a couple people who are big on this idea. Gary Vaynerchuk has a couple of websites that have really launched his career. He talks about owning a niche market all the time. His is wine.

    Also, Seth Godin has been writing about Tribes, which is basically a niche market that you are the leader of. Both talk about making money off of the content that you create.

    Actually, I'd love to make this site into something like that. One of the keys to that is actually skipping the Google ads and selling space directly to companies in your niche. Then you have a bit more control, and don't have to share profit with Google.

    ReplyDelete