Friday, April 3, 2009

Honor System Vending Machines

It's a small refridgerator stocked with drinks, and a coffee cup beside it.  Prices are clearly marked so people know it isn't free. Even better if it has food, candy and gum for as well.  

It's critical to have an office environment or a common break area at a workplace for this.  Wouldn't want to try it at a mall or anything.

Another key here is using $0.25 incriments on prices.  It just needs to be easy for people to make change.

So I've actually tried this one and it's working right now on a small scale.   I actually stole this basic idea from a book, and then I modified it for my work situation.  The idea I read about was somebody who delivered bagels to a whole bunch of offices in California every day with a box for people to leave money.

I have been doing this for 6 months, and it's consistently bringing in revenue.  Cans of soda, chips, and muffins are the staples. 

Could this be done on a large scale?  Could I be the honor-system-vending-machine-guy for my entire city?

2 comments:

  1. The idea I read about was somebody who delivered bagels to a whole bunch of offices in California every day with a box for people to leave money. Palm Beach Vending Machine

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's critical to have an office environment or a common break area at a workplace for this. Wouldn't want to try it at a mall or anything. South Florida Vending Machines Services

    ReplyDelete